International money transfers
Your monthly mortgage payments will be debited from your French bank account. In addition to your mortgage payments, you may have other costs in France such as utility bills or taxes so it’s important this account always holds sufficient funds for your requirements.
Regularly sending money to France is a complicated and costly process for many. To combat this, in 2005 we established a partnership with Moneycorp, the UK’s leading currency exchange provider, who have developed a specific service for non-residents managing monthly mortgage repayments in France.
Their Regular Payment Plan (RPP) will help save you time and money, offering you the following advantages:
- Hassle-free automated payments collected by Direct Debit
- Free transfers on regular payments, unique to our customers
- Enhanced exchange rates against the UK banks
- A dedicated personal service to reassure and guide you through the process
UK banks can charge up to £40 to send a payment to France and cannot guarantee the exchange rate. With Moneycorp you can even fix the exchange rate for up to two years, resting safe in the knowledge that your mortgage repayment will not fluctuate significantly during this time. And the process is easy:
- Register a free, no-obligation trading facility with Moneycorp online or over the phone.
- Speak to your currency specialist about the markets and decide on the best option for you.
- Agree either an amount to debit in GBP from your UK bank or an amount in EUR you wish to be sent to your French account.
- Agree the exchange rate and book the transaction online or over the phone.
- Sit back and relax!
Opening an account with Moneycorp is totally free and there is no obligation to use the service. They can also help you with one-off transfers such as estate agent and notary fees, and in addition to this, all international payment customers of Moneycorp will receive discounted rates when changing cash at any of their bureaux de change outlets across London and in the major airports – making those regular trips to your new property even more affordable.
To find out more or to open an account, please call +44 (0)20 7589 3000 or click here.