BNP PARIBAS INTERNATIONAL BUYERS would like to draw the attention of its website's users to the following legal information and suggests that they read them thoroughly before using this website which is operated by BNP Paribas Personal Finance.
Corporate Information on the Lender
BNP Paribas International Buyers is a business line of BNP Paribas Personal Finance.
BNP Paribas Personal Finance:
Limited company (Société Anonyme) with capital of €546 601 552
Registered office: 1 boulevard Haussmann, 75009 PARIS - France Paris Trade and Companies Register no. 542 097 902
Insurance Intermediary registered under number 07 023 128(www.orias.fr)
To contact us: Service Consommateurs (Customer Service), BP 71015 - 44010 Nantes Cedex 1
Publishing Manager: Alain Van Groenendael
BNP Paribas Personal Finance is a French financial institution and personal credit provider authorised to exercise its activities as a bank and supervised by the Autorité de Contrôle Prudentiel (ACP – 61, rue Taitbout – 75436 Paris Cedex 09) and checked by the same authority.
BNP Paribas Personal Finance exercises its activities in accordance with article L.311-1 and subsequent articles of the Monetary and Financial Code, in accordance with article L511.1 and subsequent articles of that same Code and in compliance with all applicable regulation.
BNP Paribas Personal Finance is a member of the Association Française des Sociétés Financières and the Fédération Bancaire Française.
This website is hosted by BNP Paribas Personal Finance
We recall that Internet does not ensure the privacy of private communications. Every Internet user shall take all appropriate measures to protect its own data and/or software from damages resulting from viruses coming from the Internet.
The list of the credit institutions which are linked to BNP Paribas Personal Finance and subject to banking secrecy requirement according to article L.511-33 of the French Monetary and Financial Code, is available here:
- COFICA BAIL
- CREDIT MODERNE ANTILLES GUYANE
- CREDIT MODERNE OCEAN INDIEN
- LOISIRS FINANCE
- NORRSKEN FINANCE
- OPEL BANK
BNP Paribas Group :
- BNP Paribas
- AXA BANQUE FINANCEMENT
- AXA BANQUE (anciennement Banque Directe)
- NATIXIS FINANCEMENT
- BANQUE REVILLON
BNP Paribas International Buyers shall not be liable for the content or access conditions of any website which may be accessed through or linked through to from this website (international-buyers.bnpparibas.com).
Data processing and communication
INFORMATION NOTICE ON THE USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
This Information Notice provides you with detailed information relating to the protection of your personal data by BNP Paribas Personal Finance (“we”).
We are responsible, as a controllerfor collecting and processing your personal data. The purpose of this Information Notice is to let you know which personal data we collect about you, the reasons why we use and share such data, how long we keep it, what your rights are and how you can exercise them.
Further information may be provided where necessary when you apply for a specific product or service.
1. WHICH PERSONAL DATA DO WE USE ABOUT YOU?
We are committed to collect and useyour personal data only to the extent necessary in the framework of our activities and to achieve a high standard of personalised products and services. We pay close attention to your data and have implemented adequate security measures to ensure it is protected at all times.
We may collect various types of personal data about you, including:
- identification information;
- contact information ;
- family situation ;
- tax status ;
- education and employment information ;
- banking, financial and transactional data ;
- data relating to your habits and preferences :
- data which relate to your use of our products and services
- data which relate to your interactions with us: (eg. interview orphone conversation records;
We are also likely to use data we already possess relating to your personal, economic, financial and banking situation.
We may collect the following sensitive data only upon obtaining your explicit prior consent:
- biometric data : e.g. fingerprint, voice pattern or face pattern which can be used for identification and security purposes;
- health data : for instance for the drawing up of some insurance contracts; this data is processed on a need-to-know basis and only when necessary.
We never ask for personal data related to your racial or ethnic origins, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic data or data concerning your sex orientation, unless it is required through a legal obligation.
The data we use about you may either be directly provided by you or be obtained from the following sources in order to verify or enrich our databases:
- publications/databases made available by official authorities
- our corporate clients or service providers;
- third parties such as fraud prevention agencies or data brokers in conformity with the data protection legislation;
- websites/social media pages containing information made public by you (e.g. your own website or social media); and
- databases made publicly available by third parties.
2. SPECIFIC CASES OF PERSONAL DATA COLLECTION, INCLUDING INDIRECT COLLECTION
In certain circumstances, we may collect and use personal data of individuals with whom we have, could have, or used to have a direct relationship such as prospects.
For some reasons, we may also collect information about you whereas you have not direct relationship with us.
This may happen for instance when your employer provide us with information about you or your contact details are provided by one of our client if you are for example :
- Family members;
- Co-borrowers / guarantors;
- Legal representatives (power of attorney);
- Beneficiaries of insurance policies and trusts;
- Ultimate beneficial owners;
- Company shareholders;
- Representatives of a legal entity (which may be a client or a vendor);
- Staff of service provider and commercial partners.
3. WHY AND ON WHICH BASIS DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
a. To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations
We use your personal data to comply with various legal and regulatory obligations, including:
- banking and financial regulations in compliance with which we:
- set up security measures in order to prevent abuse and fraud;
- detect transactions which deviate from the normal patterns;
- issue and maintain electronic certificates related to electronic signatures;
- define your credit risk score and your reimbursement capacity;
- monitor and report risks that institution could incur; and
- record, when necessary, phone calls, chats, email, etc.
- detect situations of financial fragility in order to propose appropriate support measures to our customers
- reply to an official request from a duly authorised public or judicial authority;
- prevention of money-laundering and financing of terrorism;
- compliance with legislation relating to sanctions and embargoes;
- fight against tax fraud and fulfilment of tax control and notification obligations.
Data related to you may be used for sending information to the French central cheque database (FCC).
Furthermore, and as part of the credit granting process, we are required to consult the French Database of defaults in payment of credits granted to individuals (FICP), and in the event of a characterized payment incident, to request the registration of information related to you included in this file. In the case of refusal of your demand, you may request an interview to make your observations.
b. To perform a contract with you or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract
We use your personal data to enter into and perform our contracts, including to:
- provide you with information regarding our products and services;
- assist you and answer your requests;
- to carry out operations necessary for the management of the products or services to which you have subscribed
- evaluate if we can offer you a product or service and under which conditions;
- to manage and handle payment incidents, unpaid debts and amicable and judicial recovery operations resulting therefrom.
c. To fulfil our legitimate interest
We use your personal data in order to deploy and develop our products or services, to improve our risk management and to defend our legal rights, including:
- proof of transactions;
- IT management, including infrastructure management (e.g. : shared platforms) & business continuity and IT security;
- fraud prevention;
- establishing individual statistical models, based on the analysis of transactions, for instance in order to help define your credit risk score;
- establishing aggregated statistics, tests and models, for research and development, in order to improve the risk management of our group of companies or in order to improve existing products and services or create new ones;
- training of our personnel by recording phone calls to or from our call centres;
- personalising our offering to you and that of other BNP Paribas entities and:
- improving the quality of our products or services, by segmenting our prospects and clients in order to provide them with the most appropriate products and services ;
- advertising products or services that match with your situation and profile.
This can be achieved by
- analysing your habits and preferences in the various channels (emails or messages, visits to our websites, etc.);
- offering products or services that match your situation and the products or services that you already own or use; monitoring transactions to identify those which deviate from the normal routine
- sharing your data with another BNP Paribas entity, notably if you are – or are to become – a client of that other entity;
d. To respect your choice if we requested your consent for a specific processing
In some cases, we must require your consent to process your data, for example:
- where the above purposes lead to automated decision-making, which produces legal effects or which significantly affects you. At that point, we will inform you separately about the logic involved, as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences of such processing;
- if we need to carry out further processing for purposes other than those above in section 3, we will inform you and, where necessary, obtain your consent.
4. WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH?
In order to fulfill the aforementioned purposes, we only disclose your personal data to:
- BNP Paribas Group entities (e.g. you can benefit from our full range of group products and services);
- Service providers which perform services on our behalf;
- Independent agents, intermediaries or brokers, banking and commercial partners, with which we have regular relationship;
- Financial or judicial authorities, state agencies or public bodies, upon request and to the extent permitted by law;
- Certain regulated professionals such as lawyers, notaries or auditors.
Your data may also be transmitted, for the purposes of assessing and granting loans and the prevention of non-payments, to the entities of the BNP Paribas Personal Finance group as well as credit institutions subject to professional secrecy, related to BNP Paribas Personal Finance, for the management of their loans to individuals.
5. TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE THE EEA
In case of international transfers originating from the European Economic Area (EEA), where the European Commission has recognized a non-EEA country as providing an adequate level of data protection, your personal data may be transferred on this basis.
For transfers to non-EEA countries whose level of protection has not been recognized by the European Commission, we will either rely on a derogation applicable to the specific situation (e.g. if the transfer is necessary to perform our contract with you such as when making an international payment) or implement one of the following safeguards to ensure the protection of your personal data:
- Standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission;
- Binding corporate rules, where applicable.
To obtain a copy of these safeguards or details on where they are available, you can send a written request as set out in Section 9.
6. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR?
We will retain your personal data for the longer of the period required in order to comply with applicable laws and regulations or another period with regard to our operational requirements, such as proper account maintenance, facilitating client relationship management, and responding to legal claims or regulatory requests. For instance, most of client’s information is kept for 10 years after the end of the contractual relationship. For prospects, and in the event that a request does not succeed, data allowing us to contact you is kept for 6 months.
7. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS AND HOW CAN YOU EXERCISE THEM?
In accordance with applicable regulations, you have the following rights:
- To access: you can obtain information relating to the processing of your personal data, and a copy of such personal data.
- To rectify: where you consider that your personal data are inaccurate or incomplete, you can require that such personal data be modified accordingly.
- To erase: you can require the deletion of your personal data, to the extent permitted by law.
- To restrict: you can request the restriction of the processing of your personal data.
- To organize the management of your data after your death.
- To object: you can object to the processing of your personal data, on grounds relating to your particular situation.
You have the absolute right to object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes, which includes profiling related to such direct marketing.
- To withdraw your consent: where you have given your consent for the processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- To data portability: where legally applicable, you have the right to have the personal data you have provided to us be returned to you or, where technically feasible, transferred to a third party.
If you wish to exercise the rights listed above, please send a letter or e-mail to the following address
FR−44010 NANTES cedex 1
Please include a scan/copy of your identity card for identification purpose.
In accordance with applicable regulation, in addition to your rights above, you are also entitled to lodge a complaint with the French data protection authority (CNIL).
8. HOW CAN YOU KEEP UP WITH CHANGES TO THIS DATA PROTECTION NOTICE?
In a world of constant technological changes, we may need to regularly update this Information Notice.
We invite you to review the latest version of this notice online and we will inform you of any material changes through our website or through our other usual communication channels.
9. HOW TO CONTACT US?
If you have any questions relating to our use of your personal data under this Information Notice, please contact our data protection officer, who will investigate your query:
Délégué à la protection des données France
95908 Cergy Pontoise Cedex 09
If you wish to learn more about cookies and Security, please read our cookies policy
You may not copy nor reproduce, fully or partially, any of the content of this website, by any mean or process without prior authorization of the editor, as it is considered as counterfeiting.
This website is subject to the laws of France, which are intended to govern the contents thereof and all disputes and legal actions arising in respect of said website.
This legal information may be updated by BNP Paribas International Buyers at any time without prior notice. Please ensure that you visit this page regularly and refresh your browser to ensure your information is up to date.
Information available in this website
This website provides a description of products and services offered by BNP Paribas International Buyers.
The information included in the pages of this website may not be deemed or construed as a contractual offer of products or services from BNP Paribas International Buyers.
Any such person wishing to obtain a product or service described in these pages should contact BNP Paribas International Buyers via means made available to such person (telephone or e-mail), and BNP Paribas International Buyers will provide to such person all details on the availability of and contractual conditions for products or services concerned by the request.
BNP Paribas International Buyers is free to make changes in the availability of and amend contractual conditions for its products or services at any time, without prior notice. BNP Paribas International Buyers's granting of any of such products or services as may be described in this Web site shall be subject to conditions, including conditions of prior acceptance of mortgage applications.
It is specified that the data included in this website provided for information only may not be construed as being studies or advice supplied by BNP Paribas International Buyers with respect to the legal, tax-related and estate-related consequences of real property or other transactions contemplated by the users of this Web site. It is recommended that these users contact their regular advisors for any additional information on such issues.
Information on BNP Paribas International Buyers mortgages
BNP Paribas International Buyers mortgage contracts are subject to French law and are only available to persons over 18.
Any borrower will have a 10 days period of reflection before accepting his/her credit and the sale will be subject to obtaining the credit. If the credit has not been obtained, the seller must refund any sums paid.
BNP Paribas International Buyers only grants mortgages on real property located in Metropolitan France (excluding Corsica and French overseas departments and territories). BNP Paribas International Buyers adheres to the European Voluntary Code of Conduct on pre-contractual information on home loans. For more information, please click here.
Loans described in this website are mortgages that are subject to conditions. Please consult your BNP Paribas Personal Finance Mortgage Adviser for further information on these products and services and conditions applicable thereto.
YOUR HOME MAY BE REPOSSESSED IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP REPAYMENTS ON YOUR MORTGAGE OR ANY OTHER DEBT SECURED ON IT. CHANGES IN THE EXCHANGE RATE MAY INCREASE THE STERLING EQUIVALENT OF YOUR DEBT.
Access to the service
Access to the products and services described in this website may be subject to restrictions with respect to certain people. No products or services described here will be supplied by BNP Paribas Personal Buyers to anyone if the law so forbids. The users of this are invited to make sure that they are legally permitted to log onto this website in the country from which connection is made.
BNP Paribas International Buyers is free to discontinue or withdraw without notice access to the pages of this website. BNP Paribas International Buyers may not be held responsible for the unavailability of such pages or sites accessible via hypertext links from this website.
This website is designed and developped by La Coopérative de Communication and BNP Paribas Personal Finance
international-buyers.bnpparibas.com is designed to display correctly regardless of your browser. Nevertheless errors may occur if you use an outdated browser (such as Internet Explorer 6).
In order to ensure the best service and compatibility with your browser, BNP Paribas International Buyers devote all the necessary means to comply with the web standards.